MONEYTRANS is the trading name of MONEYTRANS PAYMENT SERVICES, a financial corporation registered in Belgium under number BE.449.356.557, with its head office established at 5 Place du Champ de Mars, 1050 Brussels (Belgium). MONEYTRANS PAYMENT SERVICES (“MONEYTRANS”) is duly authorised as a Payment Institution by the National Bank of Belgium and is supervised by the latter (www.nbb.be).
MONEYTRANS commits to protecting the privacy of the individuals using its Internet website (hereinafter also referred to as “the Website users”) in accordance with the applicable legislation, in particular the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 relating to the protection of privacy and its executive decrees.
Collection of Personal Data
MONEYTRANS collects data of a private nature relating to the individuals using its website solely through the channel of its website or in connection with the use of the online services provided on it. When the users visit the Moneytrans website, submit data via an online form, make an online transaction, take part in a survey or in a contest or speak to the MONEYTRANS staff about the use of the website or the online services, they transmit any or all of the following personal data about them:
- Full name, address of residence, email address, telephone number, date of birth and details relating to the identity document ;
- Bank account details or details about the payment card(s) used on the Internet website;
- Proof of identity, proof of address, proof of funds and/or any document evidencing the purpose of the transactions made via the Moneytrans website (as may be required);
- Identification data of the final recipients of the products or services ordered online;
- Details of all transactions carried out through the website.
- The IP address of their computer,
- The brand and versions of the operating system and of the browser software used on their computer;
- The detail about the visits on the Moneytrans website as well as on third-party websites accessed via links embedded on the Moneytrans website.
Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected about the users of the Moneytrans website is solely used for the following purposes:
- To deliver the products and services ordered online ;
- To receive payments from the website users;
- To comply with MONEYTRANS’ legal obligations relating to the identification of its customers and the prevention of the illegal use of its services for money laundering or terrorism financing purposes;
- To provide assistance to the customers in case of problems, questions or complaints regarding the website or the online services;
- To notify the customers about changes to the online products and services ;
- To administer the user accounts and to conduct overall customer management;
- To conduct direct marketing actions, including by sending emails informing the users about other products and services that may interest them;
- To carry out studies and surveys about the use of the website and the online services.
Transmission of Personal Data
Personal data collected about the Moneytrans website users is not intended to be communicated to third parties other than:
- Those individuals designated for such purposes by the website user;
- The employees of MONEYTRANS responsible for processing private data and online transactions, and,
- Where applicable, other companies of the MONEYTRANS Group and/or third party companies whose intervention is necessary or useful to deliver the products and services ordered on line, or to achieve any other of the purposes set out in section 3.
In the case where personal data is transmitted to a third-party company established in a non-EU state, which does not provide an adequate level of private data protection, MONEYTRANS still ensures that such data is processed with the utmost confidentiality, by means of appropriate provisions included in the bilateral agreements concluded with the relevant third-party companies.
By using the Moneytrans website, the users consent to the sharing of personal data collected about them in line with the provisions set out here above, between the companies of the MONEYTRANS group, as well as with third-party companies whose intervention is necessary or useful to achieve any of the purposes defined in section 3.
MONEYTRANS does not sell personal information collected about the users of the Moneytrans website. However, it reserves the right to disclose personal data concerning its website users to other third-parties, in any of the following cases, in line with the applicable legislation:
- If MONEYTRANS or a substantial portion of its assets is sold to a third-party ;
- If MONEYTRANS –or a third-party company to which private data has been legally transferred- is required to disclose to a judicial or regulatory authority, private data about the customers of online financial services provided by MONEYTRANS, in line with the regulations governing the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism;
- When the website user has agreed to receive information about products and services delivered by third party companies being partners of MONEYTRANS;
- In order to protect the intellectual property rights of MONEYTRANS or to enforce any other provision governing the contractual relation with the users of the Moneytrans website;
- When the website user has been referred to the Moneytrans website by a third-party to which MONEYTRANS owes a commission as a result of the referral ;
- When MONEYTRANS employs third-parties to provide the products or services ordered via its Internet website.
In the aforementioned cases, MONEYTRANS however ensures that the relevant third-parties have only a limited access to personal data, as may be required to perform the task justifying the data disclosure, and/or that they do not exchange or use the data for any other purposes, where indicated by means of appropriate contractual provisions.
Right to Access and to Amend Personal Data
The Moneytrans website users can access at any time data relating to them and/or request to modify, to correct or to delete personal information that has been previously communicated to MONEYTRANS.
The website users may exercise this right either directly, by editing and amending their personal information, which is available in the section “My Account” on the Moneytrans website, or by contacting MONEYTRANS via one of the communication means set out in Section 10. MONEYTRANS shall endeavour to promptly process any such request placed by a website user in view of amending or deleting private data held with MONEYTRANS.
However, the website users acknowledge that, in the case where they refuse to provide personal data needed to execute their orders placed online, or that they request the deletion of their personal data previously collected by MONEYTRANS, this may result, according to the case, in MONEYTRANS not being able to enter into, or to maintain a contractual relationship with the user, or to execute a transaction requested by the website user.
Communication with the Website Users
The users of the Moneytrans website may receive transactional emails generated by the website and which aim to confirm an online order, to notify the receipt -or failure- of a payment, to confirm a password change or to take stock of any other relevant operation performed by the website user. Such transactional emails are necessary to administer the users’ accounts and to process orders placed for online products or services. Where indicated, such communication may also be channelled via an SMS sent to the mobile number of the registered website user.
The website users may also receive newsletters or other forms of publicity send by email or by SMS, informing them of promotions, special offers or new products proposed by MONEYTRANS or by its affiliated or partner companies. In line with the terms set out in section 6, the website user may choose at any time to opt out from receiving such newsletters, by connecting to their MONEYTRANS Account and by changing the settings regarding the use of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. Any newsletter that the registered website users will receive by email shall equally give them the option to unsubscribe from future newsletters.
Security of Private Data
In order to protect the security and integrity of the private data of its users, the Moneytrans website relies on a secured Internet connection using the « Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) technology. This technology ensures that all communication taking place between the Moneytrans website and the computer of the users is encrypted and hence protected against external attempts to steal personal data.
The identity of the Moneytrans website is moreover certified by an external Authority, which guarantees its security via the label «HTPPS».
Such security measures can however only be effective if the website users themselves follow certain precautionary measures aimed at protecting their personal data on the Internet, such as those listed hereafter.
Measures to Keep Your Personal Data Safe on the Internet
- Never share your personal login details to the Moneytrans website with anyone ;
- Choose a strong password that cannot be easily guessed and includes a mixture of letters, numbers, and symbols;
- Do not use the same password across all the websites you register with;
- Reset your password regularly (for instance: every three months);
- Never write down your password;
- Sign out from your account when you leave the Moneytrans website;
- Install an antivirus software on your computer and keep its version up to date;
- Never enter personal information on a website whose connection is not secure (a connection can be deemed secure if the website address shows the label “HTTPS” in the browser bar) ;
- Never answer to an email asking for your login details or payment information. Such fraudulent emails, also called “phishing emails” aim at stealing your personal login information and financial data, possibly by directing you to a counterfeited website. MONEYTRANS will never send to its registered website users such emails. Similarly, our Customer Service will never contact you by telephone to ask you to provide such sensitive information orally.
- Transactional email generated by the Moneytrans website or sent by our Customer service always use the extension @moneytrans.eu. Immediately delete from your mailbox and do not open any attachment included in an email claimed to be sent out by MONEYTRANS, and which would not have that extension.
Retention of Personal Data
In line with the applicable legislation, MONEYTRANS has the obligation to retain records on the transaction history of its website users for a period of five years after their processing. The details of such transactional records include the personal identification data of the customers of the financial services provided online and of their designated beneficiaries, where applicable. However, MONEYTRANS only retains data enabling to identify the parties to financial transactions performed online, excluding other personal information relating to the website users, such as their login details or the details relating to the payment cards used on the website.
MONEYTRANS Contact Details
- By letter sent to: MONEYTRANS, 5 Place du Champ de Mars, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
- By email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling us at: +32 2 227 18 20